Friday, June 10, 2011

Hyde Park, Four Seasons, Harrods, Tower of London, Big Ben, Westminster Abby, London Eye - June 8th

OMG, what am I doing to myself.   I have not really adjusted to the time yet and have been waking up around 5am.  After coming in @ 1am and finally resting my head on a pillow @ 2am, it doesn’t take a genius to determine this is sleep deprivation.  I force myself to get some more shut-eye as today is a solid day of sight seeing.
Today I opt to walk through Hyde Park en route to the Four Seasons and Harrods.  The weather is cool and refreshing.  Deana, one more Four Seasons is checked off the list.  Service, as always is impeccable.   Being in retail real estate, I had to visit Harrods.  For those of you that do not know, this is the famous department store in London.  All I can say, is you could spend hours in the store.   Time is not on my side, so I make a quick spin and know I will see it again another day.

The Tower of London, Big Ben and Westminster Abby were the main sites I wanted to see in London. The highlight of the Tower of London is the viewing of The Crown Jewels and the Coronation Regalia.  The Crown Jewels have been on display since the 17th century.  It is a “must do” if you are in London.  There was no photography allowed so you will have to google the jewels and just realize I saw them in person. 

Westminster Abbey is another great treasure.  It dates back to c960.  It is the traditional place of coranation and burial site of monarchs of the Commonwealth realms.  The most recent funerals were held at Westminster for Diana, Princess of Whales and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.  This is also the Abbey where Prince William and Katherine were wed. To learn more about the tombs and past royal weddings google Westminster Abbey.   
I need to sign off. Enjoy the photo's. In Helsinki and I have a full day of sightseeing and shopping. 


Entry to Crown Jewel Exhibitin


London Eye


Westminster Abbey
Click here for photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis...You've got an awesome collection of photo's! So many cool things you're seeing. You are literally dashing thru the sights..I think you're going to need to find a period of respid along the way to get thru the next 20+ days. Stop, close your eyes, breathe the roses and don't forget to dream along the way. :) C U