Monday, April 11, 2011

Reflection

It has been amazing speaking to so many of you about my upcoming adventures.  It was quite clear that most of us want to get off the treadmill, but individual circumstances do not allow us to turn off the switch.  We have kids to get through school, commitments at work and  family/financial obligations.  I am grateful that my particular situation is allowing me the opportunity to turn off the switch and catch my breath.  My purpose in life has always been work and climbing up the corporate ladder.  I am glad to be taming that  fire in my belly so that I can focus on my passion for travel and adventure.  These adventures have no expectations or preconceived ideas.  It is an open book to explore, sense and embrace the varying cultures of our planet. 

As many of you know, my mom and two sisters will be joining me for a week in Bali.  We will be staying on the tip of the Bukit Peninsula in a small village named Uluwatu.  The bukit is a local/surfer area and is more representative of true Bali versus the tourist area of Kuta and Legion.

Attached is a sneak peak of Bali.  This is a photo of Pura Luhur Uluwatu.  This Uluwatu temple is famous not only for its unique position, but also is one of the oldest temples in Bali. The temple is located high on a cliff top at the edge of a plateau 70 metres  above the waves of the Indian Ocean.



I look forward to you travelling with me through my blog. Enjoy the upcoming posts and pictures. If I can figure it out, you may even get a short video...'til next time

No comments: