Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 2- Uluwatu Area

Bali is a lot bigger and more populated then I ever anticipated especially in Kuta and Desanpar.  I read about it but you can’t grasp it unless you’re here.  I mean it is bumper to bumper and mopeds galore.  My main objective for the day was to find alternative accommodations prior to my mom and sisters arrival.  Kadek, the property caregiver, offered to take me around on her moped.  It was quite an experience.  I am glad she was driving.  Too bad I didn’t bring the cam recorder!
We went too Sansur, Nusa Dua and Jimbaran Bay.  Sansur is quieter with a lot of expats.  Nusa Dua is where the major hotels are located.   Jimbaran is where the Four Seasons is located.  Very nice as you might imagine.  In my perfect world I would like to find a 3 bedroom villa for rent in my current location with the right amenties   Guess what I found it!
You may be asking why I ended up at my current location.  This was put for auction at Casa of Orange County.  I was the successful bidder. Time has taken its toll on the property and the photos of the property at auction do not represent its current state.  I have a love/hate with the property.  Love the location on the peninsula and the family that cares for the property.  The family wants to do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable.  It is less populated here, relaxed and so un-americanized.  Beach is a 10 minute walk away and if you surf, it is a surfer’s paradise.  The hate is principally the accommodations and no amenities.  You will see what I mean with the attached pics. They will prepare food for you as the closest alternative is 3kilometers.  Too far to walk as a swf in the evening.  I had sir fried beef last night.  Toughest meat ever.  I think Truman would have struggled…again all about the experience.   Respecting other environments and appreciating ours back home. 



1 comment:

Deana Marquis said...

So glad you found another place! Wish I was flying in with the girls!